The Entry Level 3 Award/Certificate for IT Users (4249) aims to:
• meet the needs of candidates who work, or want to work, with computers and have little or no
experience with IT
• allow candidates to learn, develop and practise the skills to gain confidence that will help them
return to learning, or may be required for employment and/or career progression where IT use will
• contribute to the knowledge and understanding towards the related Level 1
Award/Certificate/Diploma for IT users or Level 1 Certificate in IT Systems Support – PC Maintenance
• replace the City & Guilds Certificate in Start IT (4248) which expires on 31/08/2010.
• provide valuable accreditation of skills and/or knowledge for candidates without requiring, or
proving, occupational competence.
• offer appropriate learning as part of the Foundation Learning Tier platform.